Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year!

HAPPY 2009! It's been an interesting year, I hope 2009 will be a great year for everyone!
I get pretty bummed when the holidays are over, I don't mind taking down decorations and putting some of the stuff away, but the tree undecorating is the worst, I have so much fun putting it up...having my friends over for snacks and champagne, I guess thats why its so sad to take it down. I may have mentioned we are redoing our basement, so the house has had some random boxes and b.s. laying around...so dont get me wrong, i 'd like to get everything back to normal, but the tree undecorating is the saddest. Do you agree?

New Year's Eve and New Year's Day were a blast, as usual! NYE, we went to Los's brother and wife's house. I played darts and beer pong. Barbra and I did turrible in beer pong and darts..we really need to work on our game Babs! OH, we also drank out of Das Boot...everyone stands in a circle and drinks out of the a big glass boot...it's a tradition we do at all parties. We also request guilty pleasure songs to Kurt all month long and have a dance party. I think my favorite one right now is "Don't stop me now" by Queen and then of course, It's raining men and "All night long" by Lionel Richie...which is Los's.




Then there is New Years Day!! Babs and I go to the unofficial 2 street Mummer's parade, which is a blast! There are tons of people walking around with drinks, music, and costumes. We ended up in the bars a little more than we should have...it was either that or hypothermia-It was ridiculously cold out this year. Then of course, we ended up eating a bunch of pork sandwiches from the crock pot, which were delicious, thanks babs! So that was my New Years.

Happy New Year!!!



4 comments:

Los said...

I was sad when the tree was gone today ... I hate the end of holidays.

El Padrino said...

throw a "undressing tree" party
snacks and drinks whilst taking down the tree isnt that bad

KatBouska said...

I wanna go!!! Man I wish Pat and I did fun stuff like that!

and by the by, I totally wrote about the vision boards in my original post and accidentally deleted half of my witty observations. I couldn't re make the magic and was SUPER bummed.

The vision boards were AWESOME...and not at all something I did in 8th grade and stuck in the front window of my binder.

Lisa said...

ahhh the memories!! we indeed had some fun fun fun over the holidays. i just took my tree down too, which was a very sad event. i slept on the couch in the room with it the night before it's demise (big dork).

now we have a big birds victory to look forward to. e-a-g-l-e-s!! ... babspeapod