Saturday, January 19, 2008

odds and ends/Happy Thanksgiving!

So, I have a 3 day weekend, YAY! I'm not really doing too much. I woke up at 1030 today. So, still i have not hit my 9am weekend wake up goal. Oh well. I like my sleep.

Sam the Butcher from the Brady Bunch passed away. So sad. He was 84. I guess he just couldn't give the meat away anymore. (i know theres something funnier i could say)

Today I made macaroni and cheese, it came out pretty good. I just think it's a little bland. I even put some bacon in it. I thought I had extra sharp cheddah, but i guess i didn't. I think that's what it's missing. Any thoughts to beef it up?

Los made asian chicken wings, they smell delicious. There were alot of ingredients, hopefully they'll come out good. I am also marinating a london broil, i'm going to cook it up like a brisket. Thanks Jess for the idea!! (hers was delicious, i hope mine is too)!

Barbrapeapod and I usually make Thanksgiving on MLK day,but we're not doing it this year. No big woop, we're both kinda not in the mood. Plus, I hate cleaning the turkey, It's disgusting.
Now, I just get the turkey breast. So sorry folks, Thanksgiving is not a holiday I will be taking over. I already have Christmas - I make filet mignon and some kind of seafood.

In fact, the reason we started MLK Thanksgiving, was because of the free turkey from the supermarket. So one Sunday after the Eagles lost in the playoffs, we started saying Happy Thanksgiving to everyone at the bar. We were sad about the Birds losing, but were excited to make a turkey and have an extra little holiday, and of course play 8 hours of Gauntlet on playstation. When we first started it, was back in the day when Barbrapeapod and DD were just "hooking up". When he left, he said, "See ya later and Happy Thanksgiving!" We just immediately started cracking up - no wonder she loves him!!!

So anyway, Have a great weekend and Happy Thanksgiving!

5 comments:

Los said...

Wait, the Eagles lost? Impossible - they never lose. Neither do any of the other three Philly sports teams ...

Lisa said...

Ahh, so many things to remark about!

I'm sad about Sam the butcher, but I think making a london broil in his honor is a mighty fine tribute.

The Mac n Cheez -- did you do a blend of cheese? I would definitely add fontina --lots of flava. If you can add a soft swiss, it'll also kick it up. Don't worry about being able to taste it if you don't like swiss, it just melts in.

Cleaning the turkey has always been gross for me, but now I can barely stand it since you told me it feels like a dead baby. YUCK YUCK YUCK!! I must admit that I'm missing our Thanksgiving tradition already even though it's tomorrow. We'll have to have it a different day .. DD's got a big bird in his freezer.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING MY FRIEND!!

Lisa said...

BTW, that pic of you in your Howoween costume cracks me up every time I look at it!!

Lisa said...

um, hello .... is there anybody out there???

Los said...

Schue ... I think it's time for your once-a-month blog update!